From the Rider
1) Will saddles featuring the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution fit ANY horse?
The EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution is the only TRUE adjustment system for riders in saddles. The scope of adjustment offered is unparalleled; however no one saddle can claim to fit ANY horse, which is why it is always recommended you seek professional advice on selecting the right model to meet the unique needs of each horse and rider combination.
2) How EASY is it to make adjustments within the saddle?
The EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution is EASY. It may take you 15 minutes the first time you change a Gullet, or fit your Risers within the panel, but you will become quicker as you get more familiar with it.
3) What tools will I need?
The only tools you need are a Phillips head No. 3 screwdriver and your EASY-CHANGE® Locating Tool.
4) How do I know what adjustments to make to my saddle for an optimal fit?
We strongly recommend, where possible, that riders seek professional advice on selecting the right saddle and the optimum Gullet and Risers for a perfect fit. The fit of your saddle is critical for your horse’s comfort, performance and wellbeing. Professional saddle fitters have undergone specialist training to enable them to competently assess the unique needs of your horse. In the absence of a professional saddle fitter, view our quick informative video clips on assessing if your saddle requires an adjustment (listed below).
5) Does my saddle have the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution?
Turn your saddle upside down and look under the pommel, your saddle should have an EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution badge in the chamber. If not, check your saddle’s unique serial number stamped into the underside of the underflap – if your saddle has the letters ‘IP’ stamped within the serial number then your saddle is compatible with both the EASY-CHANGE® Gullet System and EASY-CHANGE® Riser System.
6) My saddle does not feature the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution – can it still be adjusted?
If your Arena, Bates, Wintec saddle features the EASY-CHANGE® Gullet System, you are still able to select and fit the correct Gullet for optimal tree width for a custom fit to your horse’s wither. You will then need to consult your saddle fitter, or saddler on making adjustments within the panel. If your saddle features the high performance CAIR® Cushion System then your saddler, or saddle fitter may still be able to utilise the Riser system within your panel.
7) Can I have the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution fitted to my saddle?
Unfortunately the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution is only compatible with Arena, Bates and Wintec Saddles. It cannot be retro-fitted to older models, or alternative saddle brands.
8) I’ve seen my saddle fitter use inserts that are similar to the EASY-CHANGE® Risers, can I fit them myself ongoing?
Unfortunately, unless your saddle features the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution your saddle fitter will have to make adjustments within your panel. Only genuine EASY-CHANGE® Risers are compatible with saddles featuring the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution.
1) Can I use my stock of CAIR® Panel Inserts in saddles featuring the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution?
The EASY-CHANGE® Risers (Service lines, or retail packs) have been developed specifically to fit easily within saddles featuring an insert pocket. CAIR® Panel inserts (stamped with the CAIR® logo) will fit within the insert pocket, but may require you to trim them along the edge for easier closure, depending on which ones and how many are required.
2) Can I use the EASY-CHANGE® Risers in the panels of older models?
Yes. Any older Bates and Wintec saddles featuring CAIR® manufactured from 2005 (featuring Velcro closure along the chamber) can accommodate the EASY-CHANGE® Risers.
3) Which way up should the logo be facing when fitting the new EASY-CHANGE® Risers?
Always ensure that the EASY-CHANGE® Riser System logo is facing towards the tree.
4) Can I replace air cushions, or re-flock the inner flock panels?
No, all adjustments made within the saddle panel should be done through the use of the EASY-CHANGE® Riser System. Should the saddle need to be serviced with new air cushions, or a new inner flock panel, the saddle must be forwarded to a Bates Service Centre/Repair Centre (Refer to your relevant country distributor for more information).
5) Can I still purchase the EASY-CHANGE® Risers as service lines?
Yes, you will be able to continue purchasing the service lines for your saddle fitting.
6) Are there any competitor fitting systems within saddles that are similar in terms of level of adjustment and effectiveness?
Whilst there have been many competitor Gullet systems launched on the market, there are no competitor adjustment systems comparable to the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution in ease of use, scope of adjustment, or effectiveness. The EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution is well covered by Intellectual Property protection.
7) How do I know if the saddle has the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution?
Turn the saddle upside down and look in the chamber for either the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution badge, under the pommel, or a HART badge, under the cantle. Older saddles that are compatible with the EASY-CHANGE® Gullet System and EASY-CHANGE® Riser System feature the letters ‘IP’ within, or below the unique serial number stamped into the underside of the underflap.
8) Can the EASY-CHANGE® Fit Solution be fitted to any saddle?
The EASY-CHANGE Fit Solution is exclusive to Arena Saddles, Bates Saddles and Wintec Saddles. It cannot be retro-fitted to older models, or alternative saddle brands.